Neighbours Day may very well be the best day of the year. We like to think it is definitely the best day of Williamsburg’s year and dudes, this year will not disappoint and will be totally tubular! Be sure to join the Facebook event to see pics of prizes and updates!
Grab a coffee and start your morning by heading over to Max Becker Common to browse the over 30 individual garage sales happening at our very first Williamsburg Flea Market! It cannot get any better – All of the neighbourhood garage sales all in the same place! As if! There will even be a fund raiser Lemonade Stand for Steckle Heritage Farm! The Flea Market will run from 8 am – 11 am.
Head home with your treasures, rest up and head back over to Max Becker Common at 5:00 pm for a HELLA AWESOME 90’s Neighbours Day Party & Movie in the Park with The Valko Team. We are so grateful for the partnership we have with Tracy Valko to make this event possible. (You might want to bike over so you can enjoy the bike obstacle course!)
Pack a picnic or get take out from one of our local spots, save your seat for the movie and enjoy the INCREDIBLY DOPE array of activities that will be happening in the park leading up to the movie. Oh snap!
All of this great fun starts at 5:00 pm:
- Awesome music and Face painting supplied by Glencairn Church
- A fun activity with Scholar’s Choice
- Lots of climbing fun with Jack the Nimble Bus Thank you Chartwell Westmount Retirement Residence for covering the cost of this.
- A baby sensory play area with EarlyON
- Stephanie Goertz, member of the Green Party, will be setting up a kids play area with hula hoops, trucks, bubbles and more!
- Creative Krysten will be bringing her hula hoops and showing off her incredible hula hoop skills!
- McPhail Cycle will have a bike obstacle course set up
- Goodlife Fitness will have personal trainers on site to answer those burning fitness questions and will have a human obstacle course set up and free give aways
- Bring your device and play a fun, online game of 90’s trivia provided by The Roundtable Restaurant ( A gift coin for the restaurant is up for grabs for the highest score!)
- A very yummy bake sale raising money for Crohn’s & Colitis Canada (Don’t forget to bring cash!)
- A bubble station
- 90’s Karaoke
- 90’s Photo booth with awesome props and backdrop – don’t forget to dress in your 90’s gear – There is a $100 Lisboa gift card for the best 90’s outfit!
- Balloons (while supplies last)
- Goodie Bags (while supplies last)
- Grand Opening of the Williamsburg Little Library, painted by the 45th Kitchener Beaver Scouts (this will happen at 6:00 pm)
Serious props and sincere thank you’s to the following organizations for their monetary donations, prize donations and goodie bag donations:
- RMG Mortgages Canada
- Soraia Kader – Remax
- Allstate Insurance
- Hertzberger and Associates
- Golden Eyes Optometry
- Dentist Dr Vasiga
- Lisboa Bakery & Grill
- Williamsburg Remedy’s RX
- Scholar’s Choice
- Refine Design
The biggest thank you goes to The City of Kitchener for their incredible support they offer with their resources, staff, space and so much more. This event DEFINITELY would not happen without the support of The City of Kitchener and we love that they designated this day Neighbours Day across the city!
After all of this amazing late afternoon fun, settle in to your camp chair or comfy blanket, enjoy a free bag of popcorn and settle in to enjoy the 90’s classic Space Jam with Fresh Air Films. The movie starts when the sun stops for the day.
See you on June 8th in Max Becker Common! It is going to be DA BOMB! Peace out Williamsburg!